A global leading events company is currently recruiting for a Commercial Director.
The Commercial Director will be in charge for generating targeted revenues from new business as well as maintenance and development of existing key accounts, across a global Energy industries-oriented event portfolio. This strategic commercial role will be closing large deals with a cross section of customer segments ranging from large, blue-chip companies through to start ups.
Key requirements for the role
* Extensive experience in conference and exhibition as well as sponsorship sales.
* Solid understanding of and awareness with the changing aspects throughout the traditional energy sector and, ideally, in new and pioneering areas of alternative energy.
* Must have experience in a proven success in managing pipelines for numerous event projects in a variety of geographies.
* Previous senior responsibility for determined sales targets, demonstrating capability to drive profits and consistently meet and exceed these targets.
* Ability and proven experience of working with a wide range of cultures
For this role you must be:
* Motivated and hard worker. A strong work principle representing the industry principal brands.
* Put the client at the core of everything you do, relationship building, post-sale relationship management.
* Yearn to learn and embrace best preparation within your discipline
*Co-operative - display open communication and innovation
* Display excellent time management and prioritisation
* Focusing on the right things at the right time to deliver the best results