Global manufacturer pioneering in semiconductors industry is looking for a Metrology Software Architect. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in requirements engineering and translating functional requirements into lean software designs to increase the speed and accuracy of the metrology software.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design, realize and integrate high-quality software engineering solutions, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions.
The main tasks & responsibilities are:
* Breakdown complex software problems into implementable chunks
* Manage, collect and challenge software requirements
* Ensure and improve software quality
* Establish a long-term software vision and a short-term roadmap to reach it
* (Technically) lead a team of engineers and/or sub-function architects
* Look beyond the scope of your own software (cluster) and align on external interfaces and company-wide software concerns
* At a high-level, understand the scanner and its concepts, at a detailed level, understand the role your software plays in the scanner and the impact it has on the customer.
* Speak the language of the engineers as well as the language of 'functional designers', system engineering, marketing and customer support. Bridge the gap between them.
Context of the position:
This position is within the Software Metrology Department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
* Master or PhD in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
* 3-5 years of experience as an architect in software development in a multidisciplinary setting is required
* You have experience in leading a team
* Experience with object-oriented design patterns, model driven engineering and design
* Agile way of working
* Requirements engineering
* Knowledge of Software Version Control (Git, SVN, Rational ClearCase) is nice to have
* Coping with legacy software
* Preferably you have knowledge/experience of C / C , MATLAB, Python, ASD/Dezyne and Linux.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Daria Nowak on 0207 029 3799 or e-mail your updated CV to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to Euro London Appointments, the UK's largest independent language consultancy. We aim to respond as promptly as possible to your application, however, due to the high level of CV's we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Clients requirements. Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates in possession of a valid UK work permit. To enquire about other vacancies please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com